Immune Boosting Broth
A delicious vegetable broth with immune boosting ingredients. The perfect solution for when you're craving a cup of soup. Drink a cup every day, especially in the winter months, to boost immunity and prevent illness!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 3 Liters
- 3 liters pure filtered water
- 2 cups celery roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrot roughly chopped
- 1 1/3 cup yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley stems
- 6 medium garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 nori sheet or strip of kombu
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or fresh turmeric, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 2 tbsp yellow miso or whatever miso you like
Add the water to a large pot and bring it to a boil.
Add all of the ingredients except for the miso paste. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the veggies for 50 minutes.
Place a colander inside of a large bowl. Pour the contents of the pot into the colander to strain the veggies and reserve the liquid. Discard the veggies or perhaps use them in another recipe.
Add the miso paste and whisk it into the broth to dissolve it. Adjust seasonings to taste if desired.
Store in an airtight container in your fridge or freezer. Drink as is or use as a broth for soups and other recipes.