I absolutely adore Tzatziki!!! It pairs so well with some of my favourite foods, and it makes for such a versatile sauce. If you love Mediterranean flavours, you’re sure to love this sauce too. It’s incredibly healthy and made completely of whole foods. It contains absolutely no dairy so it is 100% vegan! This vegan tzatziki takes only 10 minutes to make, making it an amazing snack or meal idea when you’re in a rush.
There are so many ways that you can use this vegan tzatziki sauce. You can serve it as a dip and serve it with vegetables, bread, pita bread, crackers, etc… You can also spread it on sandwiches, pitas, and wraps, or you can serve it with falafel or other Mediterranean foods.
Feel free to make a double batch. This sauce keeps well in the fridge and trust me, you’ll be going for seconds. I say this recipe serves around 4 people generously, depending on its use. You may get far more than 4 servings out of it if you’re just using it as a spread. But if you’re like me and you like to OD on sauce, then you might want to make a double batch.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3/4 cup cucumber peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup dill finely chopped
- In a high powdered blender, blend all of the ingredients together except for the cucumber and the dill. If your blender isn't high powered, I recommend soaking your cashews for a few hours in lukewarm water, or for about 20 minutes in boiling water (then discard the water).
- Transfer the contents of the blender to a medium bowl.
- Shred the cucumber and place it in a sieve. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the cucumber.
- Add the cucumber shreds as well as the dill to the bowl and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Add more dill if you prefer more, add more lemon if you want it more zingy, etc...
- I recommend refrigerating before serving so that the sauce can get thicker and the flavours can enhance, but you can serve it right away if you really want to.