Vegan Peach Blueberry Crisp
Summer is slowly and steadily winding down. While others are preparing for the hustle and bustle of September, I’m squeezing out ever last drop of summer. That also means taking advantage of delicious seasonal stone fruits. The season for plums, peaches, and nectarines is just way too short!
If you’re in the mood for a really easy and quick dessert that’s also fairly healthy, look not further than this Peach Blueberry Crisp. This naturally gluten free treat is a great way to take advantage of seasonal goodies.
Just add the fruit and sugar to the bottom of your baking pan, then add the 5 minute oat crumble topping. I highly recommend a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream on top. The hot peach crisp along with cold creamy ice cream is the perfect combination.
- 3 cups peaches, diced into small chunks
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tbsp starch (corn, potato, arrowroot, etc…)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the peaches, blueberries, cane sugar, and starch to a 9×13 glass pan (or a similar size) and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add all of the oat crumble ingredients and gently mix to combine. You want to incorporate the maple syrup with the rest of the ingredients but don’t over-mix to the point that it is soggy and clumps together. Hint, you can easily make your own oat flour by grinding oats in a blender for a minute or so!
- Gently add all of the crumble on top of the fruit and distribute evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve and slice immediately. I highly suggest adding a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream to top it off!