Matcha Chia Pudding
I’ve been on such a matcha kick lately. I actually enjoy matcha better cold than warm, and I’ve been loving iced matchas this summer, and treats like this Matcha Chia Pudding! Layers of delicious matcha cashew pudding and classic vanilla chia pudding with any toppings you like make for a delicious and healthy snack, dessert, or breakfast. You don’t need to set this chia pudding overnight, as it’s ready in 1 hour or less. Plus there are only 6 ingredients!
Matcha is incredibly high in antioxidants. It’s important to consume high amounts of antioxidants in the summer time because it helps to protect the skin and reverse UV damage from the sun. Matcha also provides a nice steady release of energy instead of a spike and a crash, which makes it an excellent alternative to coffee.
Chia Pudding Layer
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
Matcha Pudding Layer
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 tsp matcha
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk for at least 5 minutes to allow the chia to absorb a lot of the milk. Let it sit for about an hour at room temperature, or until it’s a consistency that you like. Whisk about every 10 minutes if you can. If you want to make it ahead of time for the next day, then you can leave it overnight in the fridge.
- While the chia is soaking, make the matcha layer. Add all of the ingredients to a blender. If you don’t have a very powerful blender then you can soak the cashews for a few hours ahead of time, or even boil them for around 10 minutes to get them soft and then drain. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until perfectly smooth. Refrigerate until the chia layer is ready.
- When the chia pudding is thick, layer chia with the matcha pudding in a cup or bowl. Top with additional ingredients if desired such as fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut, granola, etc… Serve and enjoy!