Mango salsa is such a great fresh recipe that’s perfect for the summer time. The sweetness from the ripe mango contrasts perfectly with the spicy jalapeno and red onion and the tangy lime juice. Don’t be fooled by the jalapeno because it’s not actually too spicy. If you like more spice though, you can add a few seeds from the jalapeno to your taste.
This method couldn’t be easier. Just chop everything up into small chunks, add it to a bowl and you’re done in 5 minutes! Be sure to use ripe mango. Unripe mango will not be sweet or soft enough. A juicy, sweet, ripe mango makes all the difference in this recipe! You can serve this dish like a classic salsa with tortilla chips, or you can add it to tacos, burgers, bowls, and so much more. Wow your guests at the next summer BBQ with this incredible recipe!
- 1 1/2 cup ripe mango, diced into small chunks
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp red pepper, diced into small chunks
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp red onion, diced into small chunks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapenos, diced into small chunks and seeds removed
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp lime zest
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Simple as that! Serve with tortilla chips, on burgers, tacos, bowl, and much more.