Peanut Tofu Salad with Mango Dressing
This Peanut Tofu Salad with Mango Dressing is a fantastic summer recipe, bursting with Asian inspired flavours and fresh summer produce. The baked peanut tofu is soft and tender, which contrasts perfectly with crisp raw veggies and delicate carrot and cucumber ribbons.I wanted to create an amazing oil-free salad dressing that would be great on this salad, but also most other summer salads. The mango dressing is so bright and fresh!
Makes: 2 entree size salads or 4 side salads
- 1 1/2 cups firm or extra firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tbsp peanut butter, natural
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp grated peeled ginger
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup ripe mango chunks
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 4 cups spring mix
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage, packed
- 3/4 cup cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, and water.
- Pour the sauce into a shallow dish and add the tofu cubes. I used a dish that was small enough to fit all of my tofu perfectly, which allowed the sauce to spill up on top of the tofu to completely cover it. You can also just flip the tofu occasionally to make sure it’s fully coated. Allow the tofu to marinate for at least one hour, or overnight if desired.
- Once your tofu is marinated, heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the tofu with all of the sauce onto the tray, in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through.
- While the tofu is baking, blend all of the sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Prepare the salad by adding the greens, veggies, cilantro, peanuts, and sesame to a large salad bowl. You can use a mandolin or even a vegetable peeler to slice the carrot and cucumber into ribbons.
- When the tofu is finished, add it to the salad. Pour on the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!