This bowl could not taste anymore like summer. Delicious, crispy, summer veggies are the star of this dish including asparagus, zucchini, peppers, corn, and grape tomatoes. Fresh, in-season herbs are bursting with flavour in this twist on a classic tahini dressing. These bowls are the perfect addition for your next Summer BBQ!
This recipe is also featured in Ontario Vegans Magazine! The summer addition is packed full of summer recipes, including my S’more Ice Cream recipe from my new cookbook We All Scream For Vegan Ice Cream. I’m drooling starring at the cover!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
- ⅔ cup quinoa, dry
- 6 stalks asparagus, cut into pieces (ends discarded)
- ¾ cup bell pepper, sliced
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ⅔ cup zucchini, sliced into disks
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¾ tsp himalayan salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅔ cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in half
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a medium pot, boil the quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is boiling, lay the sliced asparagus, zucchini, peppers, corn, and tomatoes on the tray in a single layer. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the veggies and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are baking, prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- When the veggies and quinoa are cooked, assemble the bowls. Create a bed of quinoa in each bowl and add the veggies, chickpeas, and avocado. Drizzle with dressing, serve, and enjoy!