Avocado Basil Pesto (Oil Free)
You can’t beat the flavour of fresh herbs on a summer day. This Avocado Basil Pesto is the perfect condiment to have in your fridge all summer long. Spread it on bread, eat it with crackers or veggies, pour onto pasta, drizzle on a baked potato… there are so many possibilities with this versatile Pesto that packs a punch of summer flavour. This recipe is creamy, fresh, earthy, lemony, and cheesy. There is seriously nothing like goodness of fresh herbs!
Did you know pine nuts have a incredibly wide variety of nutrients? They are a powerhouse of nutrition, and are packed with healthy fats and minerals. They are especially great for heart health.
Makes: 2 Cups
- 2 cups basil packed very tightly, stems removed
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water (or more if you like a thinner consistency)
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients in a blender until you reach your desired consistency. Some people like a chunkier pesto, some like it more smooth. You can also add additional water if you want a thinner pesto.
- That’s it! Making pesto at home couldn’t be easier. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge until serving.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org