Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
These pancakes are the perfect breakfast or brunch for the Spring and Summertime! Blueberry and lemon are a match made in heaven. Lemon juice and lemon zest add freshness and tangyness to this delicious pancake recipe that is ready in 10 minutes! They’re also vegan and oil-free. Try these light and fluffy Blueberry Lemon Pancakes for your next brunch.
- 1 cup light spelt flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, lemon zest, vanilla, and water, and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries. You can also use frozen blueberries, if you don’t mind the blueberry juice leaving streaks of colour.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan.
- When the pan is heated, spoon the batter onto the pan to form medium-sized pancakes. Cook for a few minutes on this side. When the tops become bubbly and the underside has browned, flip the pancakes and cook about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest if desired and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!