Sesame Baked Maple Miso Tofu
Asian cuisine is my absolute favourite international food, and this Sesame Baked Maple Miso tofu embodies delicious Asian flavours. This is the perfect accompaniment to any stir fry or grain bowl, and it’s also great as a side. The sweetness from the maple, tang from the miso, and toasted sesame all come together beautifully for a quick yet flavourful tofu. This recipe goes great with my Maple Miso Stir Fry!
- 1 1/2 cups cubed tofu, extra firm
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp yellow miso
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the tofu into the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat the tofu completely.
- Line a small baking tray with parchment. Pour the tofu onto the tray and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the tofu is baked to your liking. Stir the tofu at around the 15 minute point.
- Serve on top of stir fries, noodles, on a sandwich, or even use as a side. Enjoy!