Pancakes are one of my favourite foods because I’m obsessed with maple syrup. These pancakes are crispy, fluffy, and coconuty! They’re super easy to make and you can use a variety of flours.
- 1 cup light spelt flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut shreds, unsweetened and unsulphured
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut shreds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the water, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan. When the pan is heated, ladle the batter onto the pan to form pancakes. Cook for a few minutes on the first side, until the bottoms are browned and the tops are bubbly. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or two.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter. You may need to reduce the temperature if the pan gets too hot. Serve with additional shredded coconut and maple syrup. Enjoy!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com