Pancakes are one of my favourite foods because I’m obsessed with maple syrup. These coconut pancakes are crispy, fluffy, and coconuty! They’re super easy to make and you can use a variety of flours.
- 1 cup light spelt flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup coconut shreds, unsweetened and unsulphured
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (from a can)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut shreds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the water, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan. When the pan is heated, ladle the batter onto the pan to form pancakes. Cook for a few minutes on the first side, until the bottoms are browned and the tops are bubbly. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or two.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter. You may need to reduce the temperature if the pan gets too hot. Serve with additional shredded coconut and maple syrup. Enjoy!