Smoky Tofu Curry Sandwiches
To me this sandwich is like an Indian take on a classic Banh Mi. It uses my Creamy Curry Sauce and it’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
Makes: 2 Sandwiches
- 2 of your favourite sandwich buns or bread
- 4 slices of extra firm tofu (about a 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 small tomato, sliced into thin pieces
- 8 thin slices of cucumber
- A small handful of cilantro
- Creamy Curry Sauce
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu width-wise into 4 slices that are about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Pour the liquid smoke and paprika into a shallow dish and mix to combine.
- Dredge each piece of tofu into the liquid and coat completely. If there is any remaining liquid you can pour it on the tofu.
- Place the tofu on a small baking pan lined with parchment. Bake for 15 minutes and flip halfway through the baking time.
- While the tofu is baking, prepare your ingredients. Make the Creamy Curry Sauce. Slice the tomato and cucumber thinly. Cut up some cilantro. You can toast the bread in the oven if you desire.
- When the tofu is finished, remove it from the oven.
- Spread the curry sauce onto each side of the bun. Place 2 slices of tofu on the bottom of each sandwich. Top the tofu with the tomato cucumber slices and cilantro. Add a crack of pepper and put on the top bun. Serve and enjoy!