Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This Chocolate Mousse is the REAL DEAL. Once again aquafaba works it’s magic and creates a chocolate mousse with real bubbles! Enjoy this easy to make recipe!
Makes 2 large or 4 small servings
- 1 cup dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa)
- 3/4 cup aquafaba (the water from a chickpea can, you’ll need about 2 cans)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. When the chocolate is completely melted and smooth, set is aside and allow it to cool.
- While the chocolate is cooling, use a mixer to beat the aquafaba, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks. This will take around 5-10 minutes.
- Ensure that the chocolate is completely cooled. When it is, add it to the aquafaba and use a spatula to fold the chocolate in. Mix the ingredients using large folds in circular motion with the spatula until the chocolate has completely combined, without over-mixing.
- Pour the mousse into 2 or 4 glasses, depending on the serving sizes you would like to have. Tap the bottom of the glasses against your counter top to allow the mousse to set properly. Refrigerate for at least a few hours, but optimally overnight.
- You can eat it just like this or add fresh raspberries, coconut whip cream, and shaved chocolate as a nice little addition! Enjoy!