Hearty Kale Salad With Sweet Potatoes & Chickpeas
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced into small chunks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 large head of black kale (or other type of kale)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced into small pieces
- 1 large avocado, diced into small chunks
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 3″ piece of ginger (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a small tray with parchment paper. Dice the sweet potatoes into small chunks and add the salt and pepper on top. Toss to coat and bake the sweet potato chunks for about 30 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- While the sweet potato is baking, combine the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a blender, blend all of the dressing ingredients until smooth. If you like more ginger flavour, you can add more ginger until it suits your taste.
- When the sweet potato is done cooking, add it to the salad. Add about half of the dressing or more and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com