- 454g package brown rice fettuccine (or another type of fettuccine)
- 2 shallots (about 1/2 cup), finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups thinly sliced mushrooms (cremini, portobello, etc…)
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large pot, boil water and cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large pan, saute shallots and garlic in about a 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it and add more water if it fully evaporates. You can use a small amount of coconut oil if you prefer. Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- While the shallots, garlic, and onions are sauteing, blend the cashews, milk, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender until smooth.
- Add the cashew cream to the pan with the shallots and add the lemon juice, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and reduce for 5 minutes.
- When the noodles are done cooking, drain and rinse them, then add them to the pan and toss to coat the noodles with the sauce.
- Serve with additional fresh thyme and a sprinkle of pepper. Enjoy!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com