This Strawberry Ice Cream is the perfect guilt-free summer treat. It’s super smooth, authentic, easy to make, and has only 4 ingredients! This recipe requires an ice cream maker. If you’re like me and you want the most authentic tasting vegan ice cream, you’ll enjoy investing in an ice cream maker. You’ll save money making your own irresistible homemade, from scratch ice cream!
- 1 403ml can full fat coconut milk, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced into small chunks
- Freeze the insert for your ice cream maker at least 24 hours in advance.
- Set up your ice cream maker and turn on.
- Pour the coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into the ice cream maker.
Allow the liquid to churn for at least 15 minutes, until it resembles soft serve ice cream. You must use canned full fat coconut milk. This recipe will not work with regular coconut milk from a carton.
- While the ice cream is churning, dice your strawberries into small chunks.
- When the ice cream resembles a soft serve, add the fresh strawberry chunks. Continue to churn and let the fresh strawberries incorporate into the ice cream. You only need to churn it for about 5 more minutes, but the longer it runs, the more pink your ice cream will look, as the strawberry juice bleeds into the cream. It will still only resemble a soft serve at this time.
- Pour the soft serve into a tupperware container and smooth it down. Cut a piece of plastic wrap and cover the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming. Put a lid on the container and set it in your freezer.
- Freeze the ice cream for around 4 hours to get a nice firm, scoop-able ice cream. Depending on how cold your freezer is, you may need to let the ice cream sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Serve and enjoy!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org