- 1 medium purple or green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup cashews, unsalted and raw
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 tsp salt
- Shred salad and carrots and toss in a large bowl. Add the raisins, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender. Adjust ingredients to taste if necessary. If you prefer a more sweet dressing, add a small spoon of maple syrup. If it needs more acidity, add a small spoon of apple cider vinegar or mustard.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss to combine. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve, or serve immediately.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com