Meal prep is incredibly useful for making life easier and when you’re in a rush. These make ahead freezer breakfast burritos are a perfect wholesome breakfast to have on hand. Just pop in the oven for 20 minutes, get ready for your day, and head out the door!
- 8 whole grain wraps (I personally like the Ezekiel sprouted grain wraps)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 2 350g block extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 cup unsweetneded, non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee onions and garlic in a large pan or pot with some water or coconut oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and zucchini and sautee for about 7 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sautee for a few minutes until all of the veggies are soft. You are welcome to use different veggies and get creative.
- When the veggies are soft, add the kale and stir. Cook enough just to wilt the kale, so not to overcook it.
- Add the crumbled tofu and stir. Add the spices and almond milk, and stir for about 2 minutes, just to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 8 wraps (the recipe may make a different amount depending on the size of your wraps and how much you stuff them).
- Wrap the burritos in tin foil. Store in the freezer.
- When ready to eat bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes with the foil on. Or you can take the foil off and cook in the microwave for few minutes. Enjoy!