Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches
My Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with vanilla ice cream taste like a treat from childhood! The perfect treat for a hot summer day or a family BBQ.
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all natural unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (chickpea water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan mini chocolate chips (if you use large chocolate chips you’ll want about 3/4 cup or more)
- your favourite vegan ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cacao, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. I recommend sifting all of these ingredients beforehand as coconut sugar often has many large clumps. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond/peanut butter, aquafaba, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fully combined until the mixture is a nice doughy texture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough into balls (about 2 tbsp per ball) and place on baking sheet a few inches apart from each other. This mixture will spread very nicely so only allow up to 12 cookies per baking sheet and spread them apart nicely.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. In the oven the cookies will rise well, but once removed they will fall into nice thin and crispy, yet soft cookies. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes. Delicately transfer to a wire rack to for further cooling.
- When the cookies are fully cooled, scoop you favourite ice cream and place between 2 cookies. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for future snacking. Enjoy!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com