This curry recipe isn’t very spicy, so if you enjoy spice, feel free to play around to your liking!
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice (or your favourite rice)
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 2.5 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 medium yellow potatoes, diced into small chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into small chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup diced tomatoes from a can, including the juice
- 1 160ml can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp yellow curry powder, or to taste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- In 2 separate small pots, cook rice and lentils according to package directions. Set aside.
- While the rice and lentils are cooking, in a large pan, or pot, sautee onion, garlic, and ginger in water or coconut oil for 3 minutes. Add all potatoes and sautee on medium-low heat until the potatoes are mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure nothing sticks to the pan.
- Add the bell pepper, broccoli, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, and all spices into the pot. Stir to combine everything, and sautee on medium-low heat until the rest of the veggies are cooked and the potatoes are fully cooked through, about 10 more minutes. Adjust spices to your liking.
- When the lentils are done cooking, at them into the curry mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve with rice and garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org