These Pulled “Pork” Tacos are one of those “Is This Real Life?” recipes. It’s SUPER easy and quick to make, and healthy too!
Serves: 2-3 People
Pineapple Pulled “Pork”
- 2 20 oz cans young green jackfruit (make sure it is in water, not syrup!)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cup pineapple, diced into small pieces
- 3/4 – 1.5 cups your favourite bbq sauce
- 12 corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups purple cabbage, finely shredded
- Sour Cream
- Lime Juice
- Drain and rinse canned jackfruit. Place in large bowl.
- Add the spices to the bowl with jackfruit and mix. Use a spoon or your hands to gently break apart the jackfruit until it is a shredded texture.
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add the seasoned jackfruit into the pan. Stir the mixture and allow to heat up thoroughly, about 3 minutes.
- Once heated through, add the bbq sauce and the pineapple and stir to coat evenly. Depending on how soft your jackfruit is, you may need only a small amount of bbq sauce. If your jackfruit is more firm, you will need more sauce to coat your jackfruit evenly. Start with 3/4 cup and add more if needed. Once heated and coated evenly, take the pan off the heat.
- Gently heat your tortillas in the oven for about 2-4 minutes, until they are soft and warm.
- To assemble your tacos, add the pulled “pork” and shredded cabbage. Drizzle on some vegan sour cream, and garnish with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve and enjoy!