Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum (if your gluten free flour doesn’t contain xanthan or guar gum)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or organic brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3.5 tsp coconut oil (melted but not hot)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or 1/3 cup regular sized chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil until it is just melted. It does not need to get hot. If your almond milk is cold, you can heat them both together.
- In a medium bowl, stir together coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take about 3 tablespoons worth of dough and form into a ball. Press down on the ball and flatten it to form a disk shape. These cookies will not grow much, so create the shape you desire for your cookies. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for about 13 minutes, until bottoms turn slightly golden brown. Cool, serve, and enjoy!