This dish is perfect for any get together or party. Rich cheese sauce is spiked with salsa and hot sauce to give it some zing and irresistible flavour.
- 1.5 cups yellow potato
- 1.5 cups carrots (or sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 cups liquid from cooking the vegetables
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup of cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup your favourite salsa
- your favourite hot sauce, flavoured to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Dice potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic into small chunks. Add to the pot and boil until potatoes are soft, about 15-20 minutes. Reserve the liquid from boiling!
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Take 1 cup of the cheese sauce and stir in 1/2 a cup of salsa and a few drops of your favourite hot sauce to taste. If you’ve made the cheese sauce ahead of time and you’re taking it from the fridge, you may need to add a bit of water to get it to a nice consistency again. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! Store leftover cheese sauce in the fridge. Serve over pasta for an incredible mac and cheese, pour on french fries, or make loaded nachos. There are endless possibilities!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com