Dairy Free Peppermint Hot Chocolate
A dairy free version of classic hot chocolate with peppermint! A perfect treat for Christmas morning.
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, soy, coconut, etc…)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- vegan marshmallows (optional)
- Pour the milk into a small pot and add the cacao powder, maple syrup, and peppermint extract. Whisk to combine and bring to a boil. Make sure you use peppermint extract for cooking, not peppermint essential oil!
- Bring the hot chocolate to a gentle boil and then take it off the heat.
- Pour into a mug and top with vegan marshmallows if desired. Serve and enjoy!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com