This cheese is like a crumbled feta or goat cheese. It’s so similar in texture you’d never guess it’s not the real thing!
- 1.5 cups peeled almonds
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- If you do not have a powerful blender, soak your almonds for at least 2 hours. Otherwise, you can blend your almonds without soaking them. In a powerful blender, blend the almonds and water until a smooth paste forms. If you need to add more water to achieve a smooth and well blended texture, add a little bit at a time.
- Once blended, add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper. Add the mixture into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes.
- Take the mixture out of the oven and place in a bowl. Allow it to cool completely.
- Once the mixture is cooled, it will be a lot firmer and easy to break off into small, feta cheese like chunks.Serve on salads, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, and so much more!
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org