- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 14oz can kidney beans
- 1 14oz can black beans
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 2 796ml cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan sour cream (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Boil the sweet potatoes in a medium sized pot until soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- In a large pot, sautee onions and garlic in about 1 cup of water, or in oil if desired. Cook about 3 minutes. Add chopped bell peppers, and cook another 10 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, drain the water and add the potatoes to the pot of chili.
- Add the beans, corn, and seasonings, and stir to combine.
- Add 1 can of diced tomatoes to the chili with the juice. Drain the juice from the second can and only add the tomato chunks. Cook the chili on low heat for 30 minutes. You can simmer it longer if you’d like for an even deeper flavour.
- Garnish with vegan sour cream and cilantro if desired.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org