- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 2 796ml cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Chop sweet potatoes into small chunks (you can keep the skin on if desired). Boil in a medium sized pot until soft (about 15 minutes).
- In a large pot, sautee onions and garlic in a small amount of oil or in water. Cook about 3 minutes. Add chopped bell peppers, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, beans, and corn. Stir and cook on medium-high heat.
- When sweet potatoes are done cooking, drain the water and add the potatoes to the pot of chili.
- Add all seasonings and stir. Cook for about 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂 Optional: garnish with cashew sour cream and fresh cilantro.