Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1 15oz can cooked chickpeas, or 1.5 cups
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh dill, chopped
- 1.5 large avocado
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- pinch of pepper
- In a large, mash chickpeas with a potato masher. Mash until you have a mixture of creamy chickpeas with some larger pieces.
- Add the celery, green onion, pickle, red pepper, garlic, and dill, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the mustard and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine.
- Serve on bread, on a wrap, lettuce wrap, etc. Enjoy!