This sweet and sour sauce is very versatile, easy to make, and doesn’t contain any artificial colours or flavours. Use as dipping sauce, for stir fry veggies, for sweet and sour tofu, and so much more!
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger or ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup unseasoned rice vinegar OR 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add minced garlic, ginger, chili pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup water. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add in remaining sauce ingredients and whisk together over medium heat until just bubbling. Whisk in the cornstarch and water mixture. Stir frequently for 5-10 minutes until thickened.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at email@example.com