- 4 potatoes (yellow or sweet potatoes), peeled and cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked
- 2 cups green peas
- 1 6 oz can coconut milk
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover for about 15 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Meanwhile, stir onion and garlic in a large non-stick pan with either water or high quality oil such as coconut or avocado oil. cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with all of the spices and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the canned tomatoes, chickpeas, green peas, and potatoes. Pour in the coconut milk, and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with a side of basmati rice. Option to garnish with cilantro.
For personal meal plans or nutrition advice from a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org